Well, my trip was completed on June 9, 2012 and it has taken me three weeks to post all that I wanted to post about this trip to Ontario and Quebec. I can’t believe I did 2117 miles.
It was a good trip, hard, complicated and very satisfying. As always I can think of things I should have done and didn’t, photographs I wish I had taken and more. I have learned a lot and saw many amazing places.
I would like to thank all my followers for their support, it is greatly appreciated. A big thank you to all the wonderful people I met along the way and their help and support.
As usual I put my binder together of this trip with my collection of maps and pamphlets and sources.
My next goal is to get the links to archives and more up on my side panel.
Uploading more of the cemetery photos I took might take a little while because I need to identify get them ready.
UPDATE 7/19/2012: I have uploaded the additional cemetery photos to the appropriate cemetery posting. Go to the side bar of this blog and look at Categories and seek out the CEMETERIES and pick one you would like to look at. The link is either in the middle or at the bottom to my Picasa Web Albums.
Of course, I need to review my research and the sources I studied. I will let you know if there is anything really great that I found.
I need to post on my other blogs. So this blog is back on schedule where I post about every two weeks.
Here are some AH Moments during the trip:
1. Walking into the Pontiac Archive in Shawville.
2. Seeing Allumette Island from Pembroke’s marina for the first time.
3. Looking out across land in Chichester Township at Auberge Norfolk in Nicabeau.
4. Standing before the St. Alphonsus church in Chapeau and looking back from the bridge to Chichester and seeing the spire in the distance.
5. The Ottawa River and its many moods especially the Culbute Channel and from Calumet Island.
6. St. Andrews Church in St. Andrews West for the first time.
7. St. Raphael’s Ruins.
8. Kirkhill and the two spires of the two churches in the distance.
8. The Rideau Canal in the early morning in Smith Falls.
10. The 1000 Island Drive along the St. Lawrence
11. The St. Lawrence in the morning next to the Monte Carlo Motel in Cornwall.
I could go on but I think that is a nice list.